Monday, June 1, 2015

Let Us All Press On In The Work of the Lord...POR FIN

Email from Monday, June 1, 2015

Okay family, this is coming to you from a very very hopeful missionary who is still in Santa Cruz and yearns with all her heart to go back to Tarija and work. But after internet is my doctor's appointment and he's gonna tell me when I can go back (hopefully tomorrow!). This week, the health secretary gave me permission to leave for a total of 4 hours. It was a pretty big bummer for me but  I read a loooot of the Book of Mormon and I wrote a looot of letters but I don't have any addresses so I might just have my mom be the distributor back home. And for the first time in my whole life, I have a fully updated journal! (Tender mercies :))

Also, I lived very humbly this week considering I planned to be in Santa Cruz for like 2 days, maybe 3 and then most of that in the hospital so I had 2 skirts and 2 shirts and no make-up and really nothing more than my toothbrush and scriptures so that kinda stunk. But the hermanas in Trompillo deserve some sort of heavenly reward for all their help this week because they took my companion out to work every single day and whoever stayed with me always was super duper helpful. I can't do anything too grand for them but you all can pray for their families. So my special shoutout is for Hermana Hiskey (Utah) Hermana Atiz (Colombia) Hermana HincapiƩ (Colombia) and Hermana Petroff (Utah). They're my heroes.

Also this week, we got a call from President that my companion's grandma passed away unexpectedly and she didn't take it very well. I don't understand the plan of God and I probably never will but for some reason, we had to have all these trials pass in the very first week together. Truly I feel we're fulfilling the scripture in Acts 20:19 and we're serving the Lord with many many tears.

Through it all though, I've grown to love my companion so much in such a short time. I think there's like a universal rule that after you shed a certain amount of tears together, you have to be best friends. We have acheived that level of tears.

I just love this work and I have never been so eager to go out and work. I trust that there are a lot of miracles just waiting for us in Tarija and I can't wait to go out and llevarlos a cabo. (I don't know how to say that in English because that just sounds right soo sorry.)

I love you all. Thanks for your love and prayers! Next week, you'll be hearing from a sister missionary one year older and wiser too. Because next Monday I turn TWENTY! So feel free to flood my inbox with love and if nothing else, I want an email from Amanda Bassett, (Yes, I'm calling you out because you never sent me Jerusalem pictures!) Anyway, hasta luego!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger :)
 



 The awesome hermanas in Santa Cruz who took really awesome care of me.
 
 Hermana Monar and I and my hospital adventures

 I'm feeling a lot better now than I look in these pictures because 
I used to feel a lot worse than I looked and now I'm happy and almost fully healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment