Monday, June 8, 2015

When Upon Life´s Billows, You Are Tempest Tossed

Email from Monday, June 8, 2015
Hermana Gauger's Birthday! 
 
Hello family from your favorite TWENTY year old sister missionary in Bolivia! I´m writing you this week from TARIJA!
 
Last Monday, I got the doctor´s approval to come back to Tarija and we got here Tuesday and I was probably the happiest little missionary que hay. So we went out and worked hard Tuesday night and Wednesday and it was awesome and full of miracles until.......
 
I got sick again!!! I know, you won´t even believe it, I´m sure. But it´s true. I got some weird virus that an hermana in Santa Cruz had and I was like dead in my bed Thursday and Friday. But Thursday was our interviews with President so somehow, like a zombie, I got out of bed, put on a skirt and we went to the zone conference and when Hermana Willard saw me, she was super worried and then brought me medicine and powerade and we got to go in for our interviews first and even though I felt like it was my last day on earth and my whole body hurt soooo bad, it was my very favorite interview with President. I always leave our interviews knowing he´s the best mission president I could ever have and feeling like I´m the best missionary he could ever have. He´s just really awesome like that. And then he gave me blessing and it was just such a beautiful blessing that promised health and miracles and he talked a lot about my life after the mission too. It was so powerful. Then I went home and was dead in my bed again until Saturday when we had to move. Yeaaaah, I did that very zombie-like as well but I did it!
 
I went out and worked yesterday and I´m feeling okay today but I´m still just praying that I can feel 100% soon and not have any more sickness! The coolest miracles though had to be yesterday when we went to church and all the members were hugging me and asking about my health and told me how much they were praying for me and as we sat there taking the sacrament, I just looked around at all these incredible Bolivian people who I love so much and I bowed my head to pray and the only thought that came to my mind was "Father, thank you for letting me be here. I wouldn´t want to be anywhere else" and it´s true. I find so much joy in this work and in these people and I´d rather be here, sick as a dog, than healthy anywhere else in the world. I just am so grateful to be here. I´m grateful for your support back home and all of your prayers. I love you all so much!
 
Wishing all of us a week of good health and the fulfillment of promised blessings!
 
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger :)
 
 Perks of having the mission taxi driver take ya to the airport in Santa Cruz...
he bought us cinnabon! 


 
Our plane went through Cochabamba and if you zoom in, 
through the clouds you can see the Christus statue!

 What Hna Monar did for me this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment