Monday, May 25, 2015

What Child Is This?

Email from Monday, May 25, 2015
 
 Wow, Family, I don't think I've ever had so many stories from a single week to share with you so buckle up for the adventures you're about to read.

First, I sent Hermana PĂ©rez home and I did it with only a few tears...because she is seriously my favorite chilena ever and I really didn't want her to go but that's just how it is, I guess.

Then Tuesday night, the transfer call came at exactly 10:25pm...that I would be TRAINING!! Can you even believe it? I couldn't. I fell to the floor and I was just in shock because I'm still new...ok maybe not but I still feel new! So anyway, I had to head to Santa Cruz Wednesday morning to pick up my new companion and have some meetings and whatnot there with President and the other trainers and news.

So I'm training Hermana Monar! She's from Ecuador and I'm actually quite sure that she's training me. She is so awesome at contacting people in the street and talking with everyone. I'm learning from her example.

Then Thursday we finally came back and we worked that night in our area and I was so excited for Friday to be our first full day together in our area but then....well..This is the real adventure.

I had some back pain that started Monday but I figured I just slept wrong or something so I kind of ignored it...until Friday when I couldn't walk, sit, or stand normally. It hurt sooo bad. So we went to the clinic and after a bajillion tests, they found out I had an abscessed cyst at the base of my back and I spent Friday and Saturday night in the hospital until yesterday, we came to  Santa Cruz to the much better clinic and the English speaking doctor did a little procedure and I'm all good now! I just have to stay in Santa Cruz for the week to have some check-ups during the week and make sure I heal well.

The important blessing is that after all that pain (as in crying and screaming pain that I never have felt and never want to feel again), I'm all good now and I'll be able to keep working in the mission and I shouldn't have anymore problems. I know God hears and anwsers my prayers because the area doctor in Peru called me and told me that if the cyst was really bad, I'd have to go home and I broke down in tears in that moment and I knew that I still have more work to do here. I prayed so hard that I could just keep working. My prayers were answered and I know I have 11 more months to give all my heart, might, mind and strength to this work that I love with all of my heart. Thanks for your continued prayers and support. I love you all!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment