Tuesday, May 5, 2015

If Ye Have Love One to Another

Email from Monday, May 4, 2015

Fammmily and friends,

Not sure how another week has gone by but here I am again. This cambio has been even faster than my other ones and I don´t want my companion to go home. But that´s the mission life and now I just have to add Calama, Chile to my list of places to visit when I get home. Seriously, Hna PĂ©rez is so great and we´re having such a great time with miracles happening every day.

This week was fantastic! Seriously. Even though we were in the house all day Sunday for elections (otra vez because the first time wasn´t very clear) it was so awesome because we had a study program all about how to be more consecrated servants and I LOVED it! I have so much work to do to become the missionary that the Lord wants me to be but it´s a process that I´m working on each day. I just want to give my all and drop who I am and become who He wants me to be. (For more info on how I feel, just go listen to Someone He Can Count On from the EFY 2014 cd and that is literally all I want)

Things are great here and I´m seriously just so happy every day to be here.

This week, I had a pretty tough/scary experience when there was this battered and beaten woman sitting on the side of the road with a badly shaven head and cuts and bruises all over and was bleeding a ton from a giant injury to her forehead. Anyone who knows me knows that I always want to help but I don´t always know how. I just wanted so badly to help her so I went up to contact her and I was trying to get some information so we could call someone but she couldn´t even talk or tell me her name and it freaked me out so bad and so we went to the police station which is just around the corner and they were super casual "yeaaah we´ll send someone in a minute" and you all know me...I wasn´t too happy that no one was as anxious as I was to help this woman who was in shock and even my companion was all " hermana...there´s not much we can do..." and then finally the policeman showed up and told us that this woman has major mental problems and is known in the neighborhood for sneaking into people´s houses and stealing stuff and she´s really violent. He said it was a miracle that I was able to get close to her without getting hurt because she usually always attacks anyone who tries to help her. I know it was a miracle that nothing happened but I left the whole situation bawling my eyes out and feeling so worthless. Sometimes it just kills me that there´s so many problems I can´t fix. All I can do is wake up every day and share the joy I have received through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh that I were an angel....

I had a lot of Alma moments this week where I just felt afflicted for the wickedness of the world and the problems that everyone has that I just can´t fix.

The thing I have to remember is that I can´t do any grand thing. I can´t save the world or fix all of the broken families or heal the aching hearts. But Jesus Christ can. I just have to be the instrument in the hands of the Lord to lead these people to HIm and invite them to come unto Him and partake of His peace and healing sacrifice. I am so grateful every single day for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His infinite love. I´m grateful that God protects His chosen servants and that He trusts me to be here and teach His children.
I love you all so so much and I´m sending hugs to you all from Tarija la chura. :)

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Gauger


We made an ice cream cake!




 And Shout out to Annabelle in one of the micros 
(sorry that it´s malescrito pero it´s still cool) 

My companion has struggles with reaching the oreos.

 
Message for all of my loved ones

No comments:

Post a Comment