Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Like a Lighthouse, Standing Bold Against the Storm

Email from Monday, May 11, 2015
 
Family and pals!
 
I feel like I don´t have much to say since less than 24 hours ago, I was chatting it up with y´all on Skype! I feel like I talked too much and yet at the same time, so many stories were left untold. Such a #jengaugerprob but don´t worry, Mom, when I get home, I will have stories to tell for all of eternity. :) Also a major shoutout to my family for their patience with my English...I didn´t realize how bad it was until I forgot the name of my own country.....oops.
 
Since I shared so many fun thoughts with you yesterday, I just wanted to share a short spiritual thought with you guys today and it´s something that´s been on my mind a lot this week. Something that will make Mom really happy because it´s an analogy of a lighthouse. I´ve thought a lot about the light of Christ and all the analogies we use with light and being an example and all that jazz and it hit me really hard that I want to be more like a lighthouse. A lighthouse shines bright to guide people to the safety of the shore and not to it´s own personal light. Sometimes, I think that with my pride, I end up being more like those lights that attract bugs in the night and I want everyone to see me or my light and think "wow she´s so great" but that´s not why I´m here and that´s not why I shine. The light of Christ shines in me so that I can guide people to the safety that comes in knowing we are children of a loving Heavenly Father and that through the Atonement of His Son, we can return to His presence and live with our families forever. I want to help everyone who sees my light, recognize that it is guiding them to Him.
 
Thanks for your love and support and all the prayers offered in my behalf or for my companion or the people I am teaching. I hope we all take a moment this week to shine brightly and to shine for the right reasons. I know my Savior lives and loves me and I know He loves you too. I know this gospel is true and that it is the only way to receive all that our Father has in store for us. Seek Him, obey Him, and apply His Atonement daily. I love you all so much more than I could ever express.
 
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger :)
 
 Our investigator Celina who is like 10 months pregnant 
(okay not really but anyday now) and she´s one of my favorite people 
on earth and she deserves so many prayers and blessings and I hope you´ll help me out with that :)

 Other photos wouldn´t load so enjoy this one por lo menos! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment