Monday, July 20, 2015

Savior, May I Learn to Love Thee

Email from Monday, July 20, 2015

Hey there everybody,

Remember how I told y'all that Hermana Monar felt a little bit sick last week? Turns out she got some parasite and she was in bed or in the bathroom for almost the whole week. We even got to return to the clinic (thankfully for just a quick visit and not overnight) and the nurse saw me and was all "como estas Jennifer?" I'm well known in the clinic...unfortunately. But then we finally got the meds that my comp needed and she was back to normal on Friday for our multi-zone conference with President Willard.

The zone conference was amazing and I have 5 pages of revelation that I wrote during it but the most important thing that stood out to me was that he shared a part of President Nelson's talk from conference and talked about the question "What sign do I want to give to God?" and how our obedience is really a demonstration of the sign we want to give to God. And then he said something that hit me so hard and has been burned forever in my mind. "Every time we fall short, sin, or make mistakes, we really just lack love for God" and it's changed me forever. I realized that we wouldn't even need manual misional if we understood the first and great commandment and the second, If we just loved God with all our heart, might, mind, and strength and then loved everyone else around us too, we would be more Christ-like and more prepared to return to His presence.

So now my goal is more than just exact obedience to the mission standards but 100% obedience to the first and great commandment. Because I could be exactly obedient, work hard, and have success, but "if I have not charity, I am nothing".

This week, we had a visit from a not so furry but still very terrifying tarantula in our kitchen and you'll be happy to know that I've included photos of my own experience with Fear Factor:Sister Missionary Edition. My companion was so calm about it that she was even willing to sleep and leave the tarantula to eat me alive in the night. Luckily, we had a can of bug spray from when the other hermanas had cockroaches so I was able to sleep tranquilamente. :) There's no problem that doesn't have a solution! 

Anyway, I'm wishing you all a happy week with opportunities to love your neighbor, serve those in need, and help someone in your life come unto Christ. I love you, I'm praying for you always and I hope all is well.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger
 
 Hna Monar and I being the cutest missionaries in Progreso

 Wait...we don't sell soup in plastic bags in the states?

 The clinic advertises "atención las 24 horas" but mostly it's a lie 
because there's never anyone at reception...

 Fear Factor:Sister Missionary Edition



 Does this exist in the states? It's not a pumpkin, but it's similar. 
It's called camoté and it's really yummy. I don't really remember food from the states...oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment