Monday, April 6, 2015

There is beauty all around when there´s love at home...And when there´s not...


Email from Monday, April 6, 2015

 Familia y amigos!

How are y´all doing back in the land of pizza that actually tastes good? I´m doing great! I am learning a whole heck of a lot. This week was pretty rough. I had a lot of "I´m the worst missionary ever" moments and even though that´s completely illogical, Satan can really work on ya. This week I felt a lot like Enos and I just prayed and prayed and then I prayed even more. And let me tell ya, prayer works.

I´m currently homeless and it´s been the source of some of the toughest trials of my mission. To make a long story short, even in the mission, there will be people who don´t like you for being obedient. I know, that just broke your heart, didn´t it? It breaks mine too. Basically the story is that I talked to President on Monday about how I didn´t feel our house was in accordance with the missionary handbook and then Saturday night, the Zone Leaders told us to pack what we needed for the night and they were going to come pick up our mattresses so we could stay with the sister training leaders at least until cambios and then until we find a new house. Unfortunately, we live with 2 other sisters and they were....not so happy... So right now I´m sleeping on a mattress on the floor of the other sister´s apartment until at least Wednesday when we have transfers. It was a crazy and stressful situation and everyone involved was pretty upset. We´re pretty sure they´re closing an area in our ward for sisters so I have no idea what my Tuesday night transfer call holds for me. But I find comfort in that the Lord guides this mission. I´m just here to do my small part and be in instrument in His hands, regardless of anyone else. We´ll just have to wait and see who the Lord wants me to learn from next.

In happier and more relevant news, GENERAL CONFERENCE!! Setting aside my profound despair that Richard G Scott didn´t speak, it was awesome! I´m pretty sure Michael T Ringwood changed my life forever. Seriously all the talks were so good and there was a very obvious theme of marriage and families and now I have some great inspired goals both for the families I´m teaching and for that very very very very far off day when I get the privilege to have a family of my own. (Note the amount of very´s because I am still trying to work out a way to be a missionary in Bolivia forever). It was awesome. I LOVE general conference and now the next step is to take our notes to more than just Sis Davis´s conference challenge but PUT THEM IN PRACTICE! The cinnamon rolls are a nice reward but eternal salvation is even sweeter.

This week deserves a special shout out to my beautiful, wonderful, and life-changing companion Hermana Ellison. I see SO MUCH of myself in her and she has helped me grow and change in so many ways. She´s been my "charity and love" companion. (I pick a Christlike attribute for all of my companions, Hna Lyon, you were definitely my "diligence" and I still exercise every morning and think of you, and Hna Mejia was my "humility" companion). But seriously, Hna Ellison is so great! My fave companion from California! And if you don´t believe me or you just can´t wait to find out for yourself how awesome she is, go meet her! Everyone is invited to hear her speak this Sunday at the Mormon Center building in the Folsom 3rd ward! Seriously, please go. She will tell you all about how awesome Bolivia is and how I´m the best companion she´s ever had. :) Mom, Dad, Shanna, Steph, especially you guys should go because she may or may not come bringing good tiding of great recuerdos. ;)
#justBoliviathings...
  • We are now teaching the owners of Satan dog and he is still so evil. I always keep in mind Phillipians 3:2

Anyway, I love you all. Hope all is well! Happy Easter! Happy Birthday to Jesus today! Happy Anniversary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Happy birthday to Lisa Le tomorrow and Grandpa Jarman on Friday.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment