Monday, August 10, 2015

Más Allá, más allá, nos veremos aún más allá


Email from Monday, August 10, 2015

Dear Family,

What a week! Well, more like what a day! Last night we got the call for transfers aaaand... God's sending me back to Santa Cruz. Yep. Back to the heat and the humidity and the constant need for bug spray to avoid chikenguyna... Buuut I'm not gonna complain, I just know there's awesome people waiting for me there who I will grow to love until my heart hurts. 

Aaaaand I'll be training again! I'm super stoked for that and I'll get my new comp on Wednesday. The happy news is that Hermana Monar is also going to be training a new missionary! Like, what could make a trainer happier than to have her companion right next to her in the trainer's meeting? She's super nervous but she's going to be awesome. I just told her "teach all the good you learned from me and then teach the opposite of all the bad and you'll be good to go" She's a rockstar missionary so her new companion is just going to love her. And they'll at least get to be there for the 5 baptisms we have set for this month. It turns out that leaving the area better than you found it is actually really hard because you still have to leave the area when you have so many people progressing. But this work isn't about how many pictures I have at baptisms, it's about that these people can change their lives and come closer to God. I'm just an instrument in the Lord's hands here.

Anyway, my flight leaves this afternoon and I'm trying to not get nervous about showing up and not knowing anything but Heavenly Father knows what I need to learn and how I need to learn it and I know I'll learn a loot from this experience.

Things are going to be great and I just hope that you can remember in your prayers this week to just help me trust in the Lord and feel the Spirit guiding me. I'm happy and healthy and totally unsure of what this week holds for me and that's just how it is, the life of a sister missionary in the mission of miracles. :) Wishing you all a week of miracles and missionary opportunities! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger :)
 Comp de Ecuador = all bananas, all the time

We had lunch with Gladys, Elvis, and Ronald for Elvis's birthday.

 Hermana Batty and I got asked to sing Happy Birthday in English for him 
(Hermana Batty and I did not plan to match, she's just naturally my mini-me hahaha)

 Our plant that represents how well we take care of our area 
(zone experiment)

No comments:

Post a Comment