Monday, March 9, 2015

And Should We [Feel Like We´re Going to] Die Before Our Journey´s Through


Email from Monday, March 9, 2015

Hola Fambam and Pals,

So about 5 minutes after I sent my email last week, the computer crashed and in that process, it wiped my camera card and I lost all 600 pictures from my entire mission. Yep. I still don´t know what I´m gonna do about that. I still have faith that some computer whiz can work some magic and bring them all back and that´s the only way I didn´t have a complete meltdown last week in front of my whole zone. But yeah, I still have faith!

This week, I was sick. Like miserably ill and even worse because I felt guilty for not being able to work and sad because our investigators need our visits. But after a whole lot of praying, a priesthood blessing, only a few tears, a good amount of rest, and watching The Restoration video in Italian, Russian, French, and English and some strange pill that the health secretary prescribed..I´m all good to go! I love that there´s opposition in all things because I appreciate my health so much more now!

This week, I shared Dad´s conversion story about 12 billion times and I love it even more every time I tell it. I´m so glad that my dad had such awesome friends who were willing to invite him to play basketball which then led to so many other awesome decisions all leading to me being here in BOLIVIA helping other people make the same decision to join the church. I love it.

In insect news, I got attacked by a bee this week, but I didn´t get stung! It just kept flying into my hair and I was in the middle of the street flailing around and whacking the air while Hermana Ellison was running away and refusing to help me! So I looked like a complete fool, I´m sure of it. But then that was a nice icebreaker as we went and contacted all the people who were watching my fight. It was such a #HnaGaugerProb

This week, I learned so much about the power of prayer and the virtue of patience. I´m so glad the Lord answers my prayers in His way because His way is always better (1 Sam 16:7) and I´m so grateful that he trusts me to teach His precious children. Miracles seriously happen every day!!
I love you!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger


 Look how beautiful my area is! 
(so much poorer though.....SO MUCH more poverty here)


 Cool monster thingie made of car parts


 What it´s like to be sick in Bolivia 
(weird things they made me drink....ew is all I have to say)


 We have a huuuuuge slide in our area 
and we went with the hermanas last week and played on it. 
(not a good idea when you´re sick but still fun!)




No comments:

Post a Comment