Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I´m Leaving On A Jet Plane



Email from Sunday, November 30, 2014. Last email from Mexico MTC


EN LA MADRUGADA! So here´s my final email from Mexico! 

I leave for the airport at 6am tomorrow and I´d be lying if I said I felt totally prepared, in fact, I was sick as a dog this morning because I was so anxious. So please pray for me to overcome my anxiety, to have faith in taking this next step, and to be able to have the gift of tongues, the gift of understanding, and the gift of discernment in helping me communicate in Spanish during my trip and during my first few days in Bolivia. I´m also feeling pretty scared about being alone because I´m the only hermana with 6 elders I really don´t even know (not sure how I´m supposed to go to the bathroom......) but I know that the Lord called me to Santa Cruz Bolivia because there are people there waiting to hear the gospel in a way that only I can share it. And I have an abiding testimony of God´s plan for me and in my Savior Jesus Christ who perfectly understands me and my anxiety. I am scared but we´re here on earth to walk by faith and faith is the only way I´ll be able to walk away from my district tomorrow morning and onto that plane. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission and I already feel it changing my life in an incredible way. 

Happy Birthday to the best Dad I´ve ever had! I´ll have to pick you up a sweet tie in Bolivia and bring it home to make up for missing out on your big day. I´m so entirely grateful for your example of faith and I constantly think about you when we talk about how much the gospel will change the lives of our investigators and I think about how different my life would be if you had not experienced a mighty change of heart when you were 17 and then decided to serve a mission, be married in the temple to such a fab lady, and stay on the path of continuous conversion. Truly, I have been born of goodly parents. :)

My thought this week was how awesome it is that we have 88,000+ missionaries serving but how much cooler would it be if we had 15 MILLION missionaries?? Well, that´s totally possible if each member recognizes their role as a missionary. So this week, I invite you to talk to your local missionaries and offer to help them in some way. Do something more than feed them dinner and listen to their spiritual message. Join them in a lesson, befriend their investigators, or sincerely think about someone in your life who would benefit from the gospel (everyone will benefit from the gospel so that should be simple!). Help em out and do your part to preach the gospel.

I love you all and I am overjoyed to be here and to finally head out and do what I´ve been called to do. Thank you for the love, support, and prayers. I definitely need and appreciate each of them.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Gauger :)


 My second family. Not sure HOW I am going to leave these people. 

 The BEST volleyball team the CCM has EVER seen

This girl...Hermana Rhees

No comments:

Post a Comment